Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Faux Tile Technique



I did the Faux Tile technique on this card and I love how it came out! I have seen this technique a bunch of times but never tried it before. My Aunt passed away last week, and I made this card for her, even thought I can't send it to her. I think she would have liked it.

Now that we have the new Simply Scored tool, it's really easy to make this card! Here is how I did it.
I scored my Vanilla card stock at 1/2" intervals in both directions. I cut it 4" x 5" so it would be easy to do, then decided I wanted it smaller so just cut a little off each side to keep it centered.


After I scored it, I stamped the En Francais background stamp on it and sponged the edges lightly with Crumb Cake ink. You want to make sure when you stamp, you do it lightly so it doesn't show up in the score marks. Then I stamped the Inspired by Nature flower in Early Espresso ink. Once it was dry I used my VersaMark pad to lightly cover the top of the card and I embossed it with clear embossing powder. Add your sentiment from the You are Loved stamp set from the Holiday Mini and your pearls and you are finished!



Related Posts with Thumbnails