Click on HOME to see most recent posts!

Place a Stampin' Up order with me and get a
FREE TUTORIAL OF YOUR CHOICE for every $50 that you spend!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pinchy the Punched Lobster

Here is my Lobster card made entirely out of punches! I really like how this little guy turned out! I used Riding Hood Red card stock and sponged the edges and used a marker in some places. The sentiment is from Sincere Salutations and the lemons are from Tart and Tangy stamped with Daffodil Delight ink. Behind the sentiment I punched black wide ovals for each side and just set them out a little bit from the white one and a 1 3/4" circle for the back. The lobster, "Pinchy", is put on the card with dimensionals to give him some depth.

Here is a labeled picture of what the pieces are and then I have some directions with photos below.
I took some pictures along the way as I made it so I could explain how.

When I say Wide oval w/ modern label out in the picture above this is what I mean. I punched a wide oval piece and then used the modern label to punch out the pieces to make it look like the claw edge. I just punched them one right next to the other to get the uneven claw look.


This is how I made the small part of the claws. I just cut the wide oval like shown and them punched the edge with the modern label punch again.


When I say Wide oval w/ wide oval out this is what I mean. I just took a chunk off the end of my punched wide oval shape using the wide oval punch.


Word window w/ small oval out for the legs. I then cut these pieces in half the long way so I had skinny legs.


Here is the front half put together. After that its all oval shapes with pieces just taken off the ends.


Hope this was helpful if you want to try and re-create him! My daughter named him "Pinchy" and I think he needs more friends! I thought this would be great for a scrapbook page of eating lobsters or fishing or something like that.
Related Posts with Thumbnails